POI (Palm Oil Investigations) approved brands have passed their stringent ingredient checks & verified as completely palm oil free. Each INDAH product is Free of Palm Oil & Derivatives of Palm Oil. Teisha remains an official ambassador for Borneo Orangutan Survival Australia (BOSA), campaigning against the vast negative impact that unethical Palm Oil farming generates. When it comes to personal care products, many companies will state that their ingredients are not palm derived & will claim coconut. The issue here is that sole coconut source is very rare & normally mixed with palm another reason why we don't support MLM companies & large commercial suppliers.
INDAH is accredited with CCF (Choose Cruelty Free). Unlike other lists of cruelty-free companies, CCF also has a strict policy on animal-derived ingredients. CCF will not accredit a manufacturer if any of its products contain any ingredients:
- Derived from an animal killed specifically for the extraction of that ingredient;
- Forcibly extracted from a live animal in a manner that occasioned pain or discomfort;
- Derived from any wildlife;
- That are by-products of the fur industry; or
- That are slaughterhouse by-products of a commercially significant value (meaning the animal was not killed specifically for the ingredient, but that the ingredient was available due to the animal being killed for other purposes).
CCF also will not accredit companies unless all parent and subsidiaries are also accredited (example, The Body Shop being owned by Natura Cosmeticos).
INDAH is owned & made by Teisha Lowry herself & thereby, will & never abuse animals for the sake of beauty.
Please note: Post Workout Body Balm uses Australian certified organic beeswax.
When I first discovered INDAH in 2008 I was researching ingredients to use in my formulas & I wanted it to be as pure as possible & have little or if not any ingredients that did harm to our environment. What kept popping up was Palm Oil. I never really knew what Palm Oil really was & how it was used, but I learned very quickly that it was readily available, super cheap & used in most processed foods & personal care products. I had no idea how much of a big problem Palm Oil really was & everywhere I looked on the internet more & more alarming statistics, articles & research kept coming my way.
I couldn’t believe throughout all my research how dependent humans are on this oil. According to the World Wildlife Fund, an area the equivalent size of 300 football fields of rainforest is cleared each hour to make way for palm oil production & the deforestation for palm oil production; also contributing significantly to climate change. If things don’t improve, the Orangutans will become extinct in a few years along with the Sumatran rhino, Borneo pygmy elephant, Sumatran tiger, Sumatran elephant. The Southeast Asian islands of Borneo & Sumatra ecosystem will be in critical condition.
My ultimate goal is for Orangutans to be released back to the forest where they will be safe from human development, poaching & farming & what better way to share BOS stories & successes than from the grass roots. School children are my biggest supporters & they love the fact that they’re making a big difference, it makes my heart sing with joy to see their faces light up when I talk about Orangutans.
I am not saying that we should boycott Palm Oil completely I am bringing more awareness to the world about the issue. I have made it my job to help bring awareness to BOS. Even though I choose not to use products that use palm oil, personally I don’t make other people’s mind up for them. I prefer to give people the facts so they can take it or leave it. I would love for people to consider sustainable palm through the RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm) it must be certified with them, because even still, sustainable palm oil is still getting through loopholes.
How you can make a difference:
- Shopping Palm Oil free/certified sustainable Palm Oil using the Palm Oil Investigations app to scan product barcodes
- Support brands like INDAH & if you support me/INDAH you are supporting the cause
- Help rescue, rehabilitate & release Orangutans through Borneo Orangutan Survival (BOS) by adopting an Orangutan
- Make donations through BOS or volunteer some of your time to BOS & similar foundations to help provide public awareness & educational programs
- Help protect existing rain forest habitat by donating money to some land through BOS & support & educate the people who depend on forests to earn their living